This Halloween consider some natural alternatives to candy that are healthier for your trick or treaters!
1. Ginger People crystallized Ginger pieces (individually wrapped)
2. Fig bars (either individually wrapped or buy in bulk and wrap yourself!)
3. Dried Fruits packs (naturally sweet!)
4. Organic boxed raisins
5. Yummy Earth Organic lollipops – no artificial flavors or corn syrup
6. Chocolate from Fair Trade/ Equal Exchange and Endangered Species
Endangered Species Chocolate pieces
Endangered Species Chocolate was born out of a desire to make an impact on the growing number of plant and animal species that are disappearing from Earth. With interests rooted in a deep love of chocolate making, Endangered Species Chocolate set out in 1993 to source natural, ethically traded chocolate as a carrier for an environmental message. Through the crafting of premium, thoughtfully sourced chocolate, Endangered Species Chocolate generates funds for conservation efforts worldwide.
Want to reap the maximum benefits from chocolate? Keep these 3 things in mind when selecting chocolate:
- Aim for chocolate that has a 70% cocoa content or higher.
- Make sure the first ingredient listed is chocolate liquor or cocoa (not sugar).
- Choose natural and organic chocolate for a healthier planet and healthier you!
Cocoa contents of Endangered Species Chocolate’s dark chocolate products range from 70-88%, chocolate liquor is the first ingredient listed on the nutrition panel, and we offer natural and certified organic chocolate selections. Healthy never tasted so good!